Strength of Materials by RS Khurmi is one of the popular books among Engineering Students. Strength of Materials by RS Khurmi PDF is an in-depth study on the strength of various construction materials and their behavior under a variety of stresses and strains. RS Khurmi Strength of Materials PDF is useful for those studying construction engineering or appearing in related professional job-recruitment exams. We are providing Strength of Materials by RS Khurmi PDF for free download in pdf format. This book is available for everyone. If you want a hard copy of it then you can buy it on Amazon.
Strength of Materials by RS Khurmi PDF Free Download
Name of the Book: Strength of Materials by RS Khurmi
Name of the Author: RS Khurmi
About RS Khurmi:
He was born on 29 Aug 1939 in Sunam, a small town in Punjab. He completed his schooling in Sunam and then he completed his professional studies from Phagwara and Delhi. He started his career in the Punjab Irrigation Department as an Engineer. After guidance from Professor Das of Chandigarh Engineering College, Dr. Khurmi came to Delhi and took up Teaching and Writing Engineering Text Books as a full-time career. He had great respect for his Guru Shri B.L. Theraja, who introduced him to S. Chand and Company. His books got a good market, not only in India but also abroad. According to the survey of UNESCO, he is the leading and No. 1 author of Engineering textbooks in Asia. He wrote his first book when he was just 26 years old. People in the teaching profession always referred that Khurmi has revolutionized the way of writing Engineering Text Books. He was one of the founder members of Executive Committee of Afro-Asia Book Council.
About Strength of Materials by RS Khurmi
“Strength of Materials: Mechanics of Solids in SI Units” is an all-inclusive text for students as it takes a detailed look at all concepts of the subject. Distributed evenly in 38 chapters, important focusses are laid on stresses, strains, inertia, force, beams, joints and shells amongst others.
Each chapter contains numerous solved examples supported by exercises and chapter-end questions which aid to the understanding of the concepts explained. A book which has seen, foreseen and incorporated changes in the subject for close to 50 years, it continues to be one of the most sought-after texts by the students for all aspects of the subject.
- 38 chapters provide in-depth coverage of every important concept in the subject.
- Close to 1250 examples, figures, and tables aid to the concepts explained.
- Close to 700 in-text exercise questions and chapter-end questions add to the practice of the students.
Table of Content :
- Simple Stresses and Strains
- Stresses and Strains in Bars of Varying Sections
- Stresses and Strains in Statically Indeterminate Structures
- Thermal Stresses and Strains
- Elastic Constants
- Principal Stresses and Strains
- Strain Energy and Impact Loading
- Centre of Gravity
- Moment of Inertia
- Analysis of Perfect Frames (Analytical Method)
- Analysis of Perfect Frames (Graphical Method)
- Bending Moment and Shear Force
- Bending Stresses in Simple Beams
- Bending Stresses in Composite Beams
- Shearing Stresses In Beams
- Direct and Bending Stresses
- Dams and Retaining Walls
- Deflection of Beams
- Deflection of Cantilevers
- Deflection by Moment-Area Method
- Deflection by Conjugate Beam Method
- Propped Cantilevers and Beams
- Fixed Beams
- Theorem of Three Moments
- Moment Distribution Method
- Torsion of Circular Shafts
- Riveted Joints
- Welded Joints
- Thin Cylindrical and Spherical Shells
- Thick Cylindrical and Spherical Shells
- Bending of Curved Bars
- Columns and Struts
- Introduction to Reinforced Concrete
- Product of Inertia
- Strain Energy and Deflection Due to Bending & Shear (and Castigliano’s Theorem)
- Mechanical Properties and Testing of Materials (Stress-Strain Diagram)